Who We Are:
The Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) is the premier trade association representing the interests of companies engaged in the manufacture, formulation, distribution and sale of more than $100 billion annually in the U.S. of familiar consumer products that help household and institutional customers create cleaner and healthier environments. CSPA member companies employ hundreds of thousands of people globally. Products CSPA represents include disinfectants that kill germs in homes, hospitals and restaurants; air fresheners, room deodorizers, and candles that eliminate odors; pest management products for home, lawn and garden, and pets; cleaning products and polishes for use throughout the home and institutions; products used to protect and improve the performance and appearance of automobiles; aerosol products and a host of other products used every day. Through its product stewardship program, Product Care®, and scientific and business-to-business endeavors, CSPA provides its members a platform to effectively address issues regarding the health, safety and sustainability of their products.
CSPA is the premier association representing the household and institutional products industry, by providing exceptional member value by engaging the membership in:
- Fostering best practices through Product Care to maximize the safety and sustainability of our members' products and services;
- Offering education and training initiatives for our members and other stakeholders that build confidence and increase awareness of our products and services;
- Influencing and proactively addressing legislative and regulatory challenges at state, federal and international levels; and
- Providing business-to-business opportunities.
CSPA Statement of Values
For our products and services:
- We strive to continually improve and promote our efforts to protect our employees, our customers, the community and the environment.
- We seek and value public comment regarding our products and services.
- We encourage consumers and our customers to partner with us by promoting safe and responsible use of our products and services.
- We promote our values to our suppliers and other business partners.
- We strive to be transparent and provide information on safe and effective use of our products.
- We manage the health and environmental risks of our products while encouraging their disposal in a safe and appropriate manner.
- We seek collaboration with governments, NGOs and other stakeholders in the ongoing review and development of responsible laws, regulations and industry practices.
- We are committed to working in partnership with government and other stakeholders to encourage sustainability and product stewardship practices to benefit our environment and the economy.
To learn more about our association use the links below.