Air Quality and Ingredient Disclosure among the Association’s Top Priorities
During the Consumer Specialty Products Association’s (CSPA) 2012 Annual Meeting recently held in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., representatives of the Association’s member companies elected their 2013 Officers and Directors. The newly elected board members will assume their responsibilities at the start of the New Year. Bob Scharf, president and CEO of Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc. was elected as CSPA’s 2013 Chairman of the Board.
In the coming year, CSPA will continue to work collaboratively with all stakeholders involved in the top priorities for the household and institutional products industry. Air quality regulations in California and other states will be a high priority for the Association and its new board members. Other top priorities include efforts on ingredient disclosure, the implementation of the Pesticide Registration Improvement Extension Act, green chemistry and chemical policy management issues.
“We are confident that during Bob’s chairmanship CSPA will continue to educate and raise awareness about the consumer products industry and our priorities in the year to come,” said Chris Cathcart, CSPA president and CEO. “The CSPA Board of Directors continues to attract high-caliber industry leaders who help establish direction on a variety of policy issues.
The Board of Directors represents the diversity of businesses comprising CSPA’s membership.
Members of the 2013 Board of Directors include:
- Chairman of the Board: Bob Scharf, Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc.;
- First Vice Chairman of the Board: Paul Siracusa, Church & Dwight Co., Inc.;
- Second Vice Chairman of the Board: William Auriemma, Diversified CPC International, Inc.;
- Past Chairman: Lisa Alexander, Firmenich, Inc.
- Treasurer: Adam Selisker, CRC Industries, Inc.; and
- President and CEO: Chris Cathcart, CSPA.
Members serving terms expiring in December 2013 include:
- Daniel Bagley, Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Joseph Franckowiak, Berry Plastics
- Frank Judge, Armored AutoGroup, Inc.
- Joel Burdick, Beauty Avenues/Limited Brands
- Jeff Pinkham, The Scotts Company
- Ron Shuck, The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Bill Smith, KIK Custom Products
- Stan Weller, ZEP Inc.
Members serving terms expiring in December 2014 include:
- Gerard Baillely, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Dirk Buengel, BASF Corporation
- Laurent Faracci, Reckitt Benckiser
- John Ferring, PLZ Aeroscience
- Mike Freeman, WD-40 Company
- Peter Hess, JR Hess Company, Inc.
- Carleen Kreider, Aptar Beauty + Home
- Bill Schalitz, Spartan Chemical Company, Inc.
Members elected to serve terms expiring in December 2015 include:
- Greg Adamson, Givaudan
- Catharine de Lacy, The Clorox Company
- Frank Jusich, Central Life Sciences
- Pamela Lam, Henkel
- Bill Metzger, United Industries Corporation
- Frank Pacholec, Stepan Company
- Kelly Semrau, S.C. Johnson & Son
- Jim Westerhaus, Ecolab Inc.