A Century of Products Moving Forward
The Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) is the premier trade association representing the interests of companies engaged in the manufacture, formulation, distribution and sale of more than $100 billion annually in the U.S. of familiar consumer products that help household and institutional customers create cleaner and healthier environments. CSPA member companies employ hundreds of thousands of people globally. Products CSPA represents include disinfectants that kill germs in homes, hospitals and restaurants; air fresheners, room deodorizers, and candles that eliminate odors; pest management products for home, lawn and garden, and pets; cleaning products and polishes for use throughout the home and institutions; products used to protect and improve the performance and appearance of automobiles; aerosol products and a host of other products used every day. Through its product stewardship program — Product Care® — and the association’s retail engagement on chemicals management, transparency and compliance issues, CSPA provides its members a platform for addressing product safety and sustainability.
CSPA is the credible voice and essential resource for its members, proactively and positively shaping the industry landscape through effective policy solutions and education.
A highly respected industry, trusted to deliver innovative and responsible solutions that improve the quality of people’s lives.
We engage with Government, NGO’s and other stakeholders to develop responsible laws, regulations and best practices, informed by sound science.
We advance policies and stewardship practices that foster safe and effective products and services.
We are honest and consistent in our words and actions. We do what we say and say what we do.
We are forward-looking, driving continuous improvements that advance innovation and benefit our members, consumers, the environment, and the economy.
to positively shape the industry landscape
- Identify and address relevant legislative, regulatory, and market challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders to strengthen our voice and maximize our impact in achieving policy solutions.
efforts that drive our industry’s progress, vitality, and positive reputation
- Promote the adoption of best practices that maximize sustainability.
- Strengthen communication and education efforts to increase awareness and understanding of policy makers, the public, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and facilitate efforts with relevant agencies to advance solutions that showcase the benefits of members’ products.
With our community to increase member value
- Expand and enhance member communications platforms and protocols.
- Optimize networking opportunities that foster business relationship development and CSPA’s organizational growth.
- Assess and optimize programs, products and services that address member’s current and future needs and challenges.